"When a wife has a good husband, it is easily seen on her face." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



There are a number of formalities that will need to be attended to if you would like to be married in Australia.

    • A ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ form must be lodged with me no later than one month and one day prior to the date of the ceremony. I can provide you with this form when we meet.
    • I must sight the original ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ form and all other supporting documents such as birth certificates, divorce papers, passports and so forth before I can conduct the marriage. All documents must be originals – no photocopies.


Born in Australia

If you were born in Australia and are missing any or your original documentation such as your Birth Certificate, you can contact the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages in your state and they will issue you new ones.


Born Overseas

If you reside in Australia but were born overseas, I must sight your original Birth Certificate or a Non Australian Passport that is current.

The passport must state your Date of Birth and Place of Birth. If you are unable to get a Birth Certificate or a Non Cancelled Passport, you will need to sign a Statutory Declaration. I will explain in more detail when we meet.